How do I prepare for Facebook’s new changes? What can I be doing now to drive engagement?
Focus on video & user experience; Facebook Live, direct uploads, Facebook Watch, Groups and brand partnerships.
Interesting Stories/ Points:
- Wired’s direct upload videos performed 3x better than linked posts in engagement and 2x better than photos
- 90% of what will make your videos do well, is still the actual content
- Square videos perform 2x better than wide angle
- When Facebook launches a new feature, they give a bump in engagement to anyone using it
- A rising tide floats all ships- the more engagement you receive on shared posts, the more your posts will increase as well.
- Less than 10% of your audience will see anyone post, so recirculation is always something to consider
How To Get Started:
- Try out Facebook’s latest features the day they release:
- WIRED published a 360 video the day that Facebook released the feature, and it performed incredibly despite their lack of professionalism.
- Launch a Group:
- How to drive meaningful interactions in Facebook Groups: https://www.socialmediaexaminer.com/how-to-drive-meaningful-interactions-in-facebook-groups/.
- Leverage Facebook Watch:
- Why and how to use Facebook watch for business marketing.
- Consistently use Facebook Live:
- Top ways to use Facebook Live for your business.
- Think of 5-10 partner brands and find a way to work together:
- Dream big!
- Be willing to have unfair trades.
- Share your analytics.
- It is worth it.
- Six strategies for partnering with big brands:
- Create standardized video guidelines:
- Focus on the thumbnail; this is what you see first.
- Use a square video.
- Sizzle intro, the first three seconds is what catches people.
- Nail down your metrics; create a community, not clickbait:
- Your metrics must be in line with your goals.
- The 10 most important social media metrics to monitor.