Using Rich Snippets & Structured Data
The Problem: Google is moving to a transactional model in which quick answers within the search results are prioritized.
The Solution: You should change how you build content, and learn how to use rich snippets and structured data to improve ranking.
Interesting Stories / Points:
- There has been an 80% increase in “best..X” searches year over year.
- A Rich Snippet:
- Makes it easier for Google to understand the information on the page so it can present more within the results page. You can see an example below:
- There are 797 types of Structured Data on Schema.org that you can use to create a Rich Snippet.
- 41% of questions have featured snippets.
- Mark-up your reviews and you can receive a 30% increase in click-throughs.
- 70% of search traffic is considered long tail.